Friday 15 February 2013

The pond.



I put in the pond during October last year (2012) and within a month it was populated with all manner of frogs and toads and of course the dreaded Mosquito. I added a couple of small fish to it so they would eat the mosquito larve and they did a fine job.

I don't think they survived the winter. I haven't seen them since the pond thawed.

I have a lot more planting to do around the pond but already the water speedwell is growing and I can see that the water forget-me-nots are starting to get bigger.

I also have some tete-a-tete daffs to go around it as well... Only 50p per pot (about 5 plants in each) from Morrisons at the moment so I grabbed 6 pots! I am a very frugal gardener really, we aren't on the highest of wages so I really have to watch what I'm spending on un-necessities like the garden flowers.

I do however but and raise seeds. Look for the next post on the plants I'm growing from seed this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment